A simple yet powerful app that combines science with simplicity so you can be notified of real-time severe weather warnings that affect your locations.
NOAA Weather Alerts has been updated for iOS 10 and beyond. With this major update comes a sleek new design, new alerts, and new weather radar.
NOAA Weather Alerts sends you storm-based (or polygon) alerts via push notification so you can be notified of real-time severe weather warnings that affect your locations.
Storm-based (or polygon) alerts help reduce false alarms from county-based alerts by alerting you to severe weather based on your exact location within a county. Why is that important? Because county-based alerts warn you even if your location in the county is not within the threatened area, effectively giving you a false alarm.
Receive storm-based push notifications for 45 different types that focus on the most Severe Weather Warnings. View alerts on the weather map to see severe weather warning boxes where dangerous weather is happening. Tap the alert to view its info.
• Tornadoes and Thunderstorm watches and warnings
• Flood watches and warnings
• Hurricane and Tropical Storm forecast tracks
• Hurricane and Tropical Storm watches and warnings
• Storm Tracks with detailed storm information (requires Future Weather in-app subscription)
• Winter storm watches and warnings
• Marine and coastal alerts
New Layers on the weather map let you see recent weather activity from the last 6 to 12 hours.
• Clouds & Radar together
• Wind Speed
• Snow Cover
• Water Temperatures
• Road Weather
• Future Weather (in-app purchase subscription required)
• Lightning Alerts and notifications (in-app purchase subscription required)
Enhance your app with a Future Weather auto-renewing subscription for purchase within the app for $0.99/month. Future Weather lets you see:
• Radar up to 6 hours in the future
• Storm Tracks, that let you see how fast storms are moving and where theyre headed
• Temperature Forecast map up to 12 hours in the future
Enhance your app with a Lightning Strikes auto-renewing subscription for purchase within the app for $0.99/month. Lightning lets you:
• See lightning strikes on the map within 150 miles of a selected location
• Receive lightning strike push notifications for your locations
Please note the following about Future Weathers and Lightnings auto-renewing subscriptions:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the users Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Additional features include:
• Install and go, no complex setup.
• Select opacity of radar images for your preference.
• Near real-time, shows the latest radar images within minutes of being gathered.
• Sharp radar images even on retina displays that show the latest radar images within minutes.
• Get detailed and trustworthy forecasts for all your locations.
• Check the current weather and forecast for any point on the map.
• Bookmark multiple locations easy access to your favorite places.
• Current conditions, hourly and five-day forecasts alongside detailed weather information, including pressure readings for all your locations.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.